Propper Daley, the social impact agency behind the world’s leading changemakers, seeks a passionate Fellow who is excited to bring their digital knowledge and skills to our Digital Strategy & New Media team.
About the Fellowship Program
Propper Daley’s Fellowship Program is designed to serve as an accelerant to a developing career path in the social impact space. During this 5-month program, our Fellows will gain real-life experience working in a fast-paced agency, supporting the social impact work of Propper Daley’s influencer, philanthropic, nonprofit, and corporate clients. Along the way, Fellows will be coached and mentored by the PD team to ensure they have the tools and support needed for success.
Our program is structured around the following 3 areas of focus:
- PD 101: As a deep-dive into our work, Fellows will learn about the work we do, how we do it, and our theory of change.
- Career Exposure: Fellows will have the opportunity to work across departments and teams to collaborate on various projects and learn about other roles within the agency and the larger social impact space.
- Performance Discussions & Feedback: Fellows will receive ongoing feedback on their work to help them grow skills and apply new learnings to current projects. Managers of fellows will be focused on providing ample growth and development opportunities for their continued career in social impact.
Position Requirements & Details:
This is a temporary position, requiring 5-months commitment. While we cannot guarantee permanent employment opportunities after the term ends, we are always committed to developing talent in-house and exploring the best options for our team’s growth.
- Term: July through December
- Schedule: 3 business days per week (24-30 hours).
- Salary: $15.00 / hour
- Prior Experience: Must be in the final term of college/education, recent grad, or have one year of experience (volunteer, internships, work, etc.) in relevant fields. Formal education not required.
About the Role
The primary function of this role is to support the Digital Strategy & New Media team in the development of creative, impactful and data-driven digital strategies across holistic campaigns inclusive of social media, websites, digital ads and analytics reports for Propper Daley’s clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Support in the management of work plans to ensure all deadlines are met across clients and projects.
- RESEARCH & ANALYSIS: Contribute to research and analysis of digital platforms and innovations, measuring analytics, managing online communities, contributing to online cause marketing efforts, preparing reports and assisting with overall digital strategy for the agency.
- EXECUTION: Support the development of digital and new media deliverables and activations that may include: strategy memos and decks; social media management, including planning, researching, copywriting, and developing assets for content calendars and subsequently scheduling posts; building and deploying email newsletters; drafting analytics reports; creating rapid turnaround social media posts in response to current events; , and overseeing the development and maintenance of client websites in partnership with the Digital Team and a third-party vendor.
- COMMUNICATION: Support in written and verbal communications with internal teams, partners, and clients to ensure the success of the digital work and the agency’s clients.
- LEADERSHIP: Participate in a positive and inclusive agency culture and work environment by building productive and positive working relationships with all team members, partners, and clients.
We seek tenacious, organized, and energetic individuals who have demonstrated interest in advocacy, philanthropy, or social entrepreneurship. Strong candidates will demonstrate:
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments and work in a dynamic team
- Social media experience including copywriting, asset development and creation, scheduling posts, community management and collecting analytics
- Interest in working in the digital marketing space
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, with a positive “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude
- Fun, creative, and not afraid to think outside of the box and contribute new ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Passionate and kind
About Propper Daley
Based in Los Angeles, Propper Daley helps our clients leverage their unique assets to create positive change in the world. We work with influencers, brands and causes, providing both strategic and creative solutions to move the needle on the issues they care most about. Our approach, rooted in behavioral science, moves beyond foundational "awareness raising" to those strategies and ideas that shift the attitudes and perceptions that lead to behavior change.
We believe deeply in working as teams. More often than not, social change requires collaborative creativity, disruption and complex problem solving. We serve our clients as thought-partners, strategists, advisers, and tacticians as they move their important work forward.
Some of our clients include:
- John Legend and #FREEAMERICA
- The Shawn Mendes Foundation
- Bradley Cooper’s One Family Foundation
- Kerry Washington
- The Call of Duty Endowment
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
When applying, include responses to the following prompts in your traditional cover letter:
- What are your three strongest personality traits?
- What is something you uniquely can bring to the position?
- What causes are you most passionate about and regularly support?
- Provide two examples (one of an influencer and one of a brand) you think are doing a great job leveraging their digital platform for the greater good with a written description of why you chose them as examples.
This position executes against the following reporting structure:
Reports to: Associate Manager, Digital & New Media
Propper Daley is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, identities, and perspectives come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.