Propper Daley, the social impact agency behind the world’s leading changemakers, seeks an experienced Director of Digital and New Media with agency experience, who is passionate about making lasting social change.
As part of the Marketing & Communications Team, the primary function of this position is to manage and support the growth of the Digital & New Media Department that delivers for the agency’s individual, nonprofit, and corporate clients. Specifically, this position will oversee the strategy development for clients’ digital and new media work, lead the growth of the Digital & New Media Department, and identify and create best practices within the social impact space.
Key responsibilities include:
- STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT: Drive the development of creative, impactful and data-driven digital strategies across holistic campaigns inclusive of social media, websites, digital ads and analytics reports for Propper Daley’s clients.
- EXECUTION: Set goal metrics and lead the execution of one-off digital and social activations as well as large scale campaigns to meet clients’ impact goals.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Set priorities across digital projects, identify and manage resources (including internal team members and external vendors and partners), and ensure scopes, timelines, and budgets are met.
- LEADERSHIP: Prioritize team management - namely support, elevate and nurture the growth of those in the department. Work to foster a positive, inclusive, and growth-oriented culture for the team, clients, and partners. Demonstrate thought leadership by staying abreast of trends across the social media and larger digital sphere, proposing new, out-of-box ideas and pushing the agency to grow creatively. Refine current digital services, while also evaluating and proposing opportunities to expand our offerings. Identify opportunities to position the Agency as a thought leader in the digital impact space.
- CRITICAL THINKING & PROBLEM SOLVING: Proactively assess the needs of the work and the team to ensure it creates the greatest impact and exceeds clients’ expectations.
- COMMUNICATION: Represent the Digital team on calls with clients; support and participate in communication with internal teams, clients, and partners to drive the work forward.
- A SEASONED DIGITAL STRATEGIST: You have 7-10 years of experience working in digital campaign strategy, perhaps at a creative agency or for a brand,. You are motivated by how digital can drive social impact, a nerd for analytics and excited by ever-evolving trends and innovation in the social media and digital space.
- A SOCIAL MEDIA / DIGITAL GURU: You live and breathe social media and digital. You may have a favorite social platform, but you know how to use them all, and you are always the first of your friends to adopt the new ones. You can develop a content calendar in your sleep, and analyzing analytics, creating and executing paid social strategy, and managing online communities are a breeze. You are (at least) conversational when it comes to website development and you know your way around a digital ad strategy. Lastly, few things excite you like digital innovation - from cutting edge apps to AR/VR, you’re at the front of the line!
- BIG (YET PRAGMATIC) THINKER: You think outside-the-box and dream big, and you channel that creativity through a realistic, executable plan to get things done. You are campaign-oriented - you understand the minutiae but love to assemble a large scale, mutli-faceted campaign and never lose sight of the big picture. It’s in your blood to go for gold, and you love the wow factor.
- TRUSTED ADVISOR AND COMMUNICATOR: You have the ability to share information and advice with clients, colleagues and partners in a way that is clear, useful and inspires deep confidence.
- MASTER PLANNER: “Every battle is won or lost before it is fought.” You work best in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture and remain calm and level-headed when required to change course and/or re-prioritize. Because of your careful planning and ability to see multiple steps ahead, you are always prepared. You believe that process and structure helps you do your job more efficiently. You understand that executing digital campaigns requires exceptional planning and a keen attention to detail.
- PASSIONATE AND KIND: You are passionate about changing lives and changing the world. And, you realize that the only way to accomplish this is through teamwork, kindness, empathy and taking care of yourself and your colleagues.
ABOUT PROPPER DALEY
Based in Los Angeles, Propper Daley helps our clients leverage their unique assets to create positive change in the world. We work with influencers, brands and causes, providing both strategic and creative solutions to move the needle on the issues they care most about. Our approach, rooted in behavioral science, moves beyond foundational "awareness raising" to those strategies and ideas that shift the attitudes and perceptions that lead to behavior change.
We believe deeply in working as teams. More often than not, social change requires collaborative creativity, disruption and complex problem solving. We serve our clients as thought-partners, strategists, advisers, and tacticians as they move their important work forward.
Some of our clients include:
- John Legend and #FREEAMERICA
- The Shawn Mendes Foundation
- Bradley Cooper’s One Family Foundation
- Kerry Washington
- The Call of Duty Endowment
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
When applying, include responses to the following prompts in your traditional cover letter:
- What are your three strongest personality traits?
- What is something you uniquely can bring to the position?
- What causes are you most passionate about and regularly support?
- Provide two examples (one of an influencer and one of a brand) you think are doing a great job leveraging their platform for the greater good with a written description of why you chose them as examples.
- This position is a full-time role
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Matching up to 3% of a 401K (free money!)
- Great medical insurance and disability insurance
- An open vacation policy
Propper Daley is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe social change happens when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, identities, and perspectives come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.